Substituting All Purpose Flour Bread Machine Can I Substitute Whole Wheat Flour In Recipe That Calls For All-purpose?

Can I substitute whole wheat flour in recipe that calls for all-purpose? - substituting all purpose flour bread machine

I make the dough in my bread machine (and then cake) with the recipe, they are already asking all purpose flour. Can you substitute whole wheat flour and, if so, is it fair that the same money and I need to adjust the cooking time or something?

Here's the recipe:
1 cup milk
1 / 4 cup butter at room temperature
1 egg
Sugar 1 / 4 cup
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Note: I am looking for another recipe using flour and I did some research on the net and have not found one that I have ingredients on hand and not have to go the store:)

Thank you in advance.

6 comments:

mark said...

The whole wheat flour has enough gluten to replace all-purpose flour and expect similar results. You'll find yourself with a dense loaf of bread, because it is much less of an increase.

A better solution would be to follow a recipe for whole wheat bread. Most of my recipes call for whole wheat bread VITILO gluten as an ingredient, in addition to whole wheat flour

Robert S said...

Bread recipes for bread machines have been carefully balanced.
If you are the type of flour affect the relationship and the cooking time.
You have to find a recipe for whole wheat bread to get the correct information.

FB Addict said...

Replace a rule because of the chemical composition, only half of the wheat flour for the forms needed 1 1 / 2 cups to 1 1 / 2 cups

Mr. Wang said...

So stay with commercial wheat flour. use the same amount.

Mr. Joekzalott™ said...

Same thing.

xXxkirax... said...

Yes U Can it wont bad

Post a Comment